Supporting Pathway Players
Date: Monday 9th March 2020
Time: 7.00pm - 8.30pm (arrival from 6:45pm)
Venue: Hospitality Suite, Abingdon School, Park Road, Abingdon, OX14 1DE
Parking: Will be made available in the coach park (OX14 1BQ)
The Working with Parents Workshops are designed to engage with parents, providing education and support through the player journey. For this workshop we shall be extending the invitation to enable parents to attend with their child.
The "Supporting Pathway Players" Workshop will be led by ECB Regional Talent Manager, Steve Williams and Performance Cricket Manager, Matthew Barnes and shall explore a number of topics to develop tools to support pathway players, including;
- Key messages from previous workshops: Quick recap of the key learnings from the Raising Awareness of Talent and Growth Mindset workshops
- Parent behaviours, Player and Parent challenges
- How we can best support players - developing tools to help support pathway players
- Player/Parent Exercises: The coach/player/parent dynamic,
- Players - what do you need from your parents to support your development?
- Parents - what can you do to help to support them?
- Dealing with Failure: Highs and lows, how to deal with them and keeping it all in perspective
Places will be made available on a first come first serve basis.
PLEASE BOOK TWO SPACES IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO BRING YOUR SON/DAUGHTER